Table of Contents
- What is a Health Id Card
- Data stored in Health Id Card
- How Health Id Card Works?
- Benefits of having Health Id Card
- Apply online for Health Id card
What is a Health Id Card
Through a video conference on Monday, September 27, 2021, the prime minister launched the Pradhan Mantri Digital Health Mission (PM-DHM).
Under this scheme, every patient in India will be given an ID card. In which all the medical data of that person will be stored. All the information about all medical reports, medicine e, training, etc. will be stored on this health card. Now any patient who is making a health id card will not be required to take all his medical reports, lab reports, medicine leaves, leaflets along with him.
Data stored in Health Id Card
As the name suggests, a complete record of your health will be kept in it. Mainly in this, you will have the following data stored:-
Your blood group will be stored. All the information related to the doctor will be known. All your medical records, lab reports, etc. will be stored on it. The complete details of your disease will be stored.
How Health Id Card Works?
The same question is coming to the mind of all of you that how will this health card work. Like we have told that all your data will be stored in this. The health card will have a QR code, which can be scanned to get the information related to the hospital and clinic patient. If someone wants to access the health ID card of the e-hospital and clinic, then they will need your OTP. without it your Health card cannot be accessed.
A Health card will be a 14 digit unique ID of each patient. It will be mandatory to link this health card with an Aadhar card. All the work and data of this One Nation One Health Card are with the National Health Authority.
The National Digital Health Mission has divided this entire Health ID program into 3 parts. Which will do the work as given below:-
Health Id Card System
With this, the health id of Indian’s will be made. This health card ID will be 14 digits. By logging into your Health Id Card, Anyone can check all the health records with a one-time password. And these people will be able to update their health-related information.
This Digi Doctor id will be created for the doctors joining this scheme. From which the Doctor will come to know about the patient’s medical history by logging in to their medical records. But to check the health record id data of a patient, it will be mandatory to take permission from the patient. Which will be OTP type.
Health facility Registry
This unique ID will be for Hospitals, Clinics, Labs, etc. connecting to this One Nation One Health Card. Through which the patient medical records can be updated. Which is easily available everywhere.
Benefits of having Health Id Card
- The data of all patients will be stored digitally through Health ID Card 2021.
2. Now you will not need to carry all the medical reports everywhere while going to any doctor.
3. Your medical record will never be lost by having the data stored in the health card.
4. While giving you medicine, the doctor will give you medicine according to your other ongoing treatment.
5. Time will also be saved through a Health ID card.
6. The Government of India has kept a budget of 500 crores for this one nation’s health card scheme.
7. With this health id card, the medical field will improve.
8. Your medical test report, a lab report will be stored in it. Which can be accessed everywhere.
If the e-doctor or hospital wants to see your data, then he will need your OTP. Anyone can see your data only once with an OTP. If you want to see it again then you have to take a new OTP. Taking this Health Id card is the choice of the citizen and the hospitals.
Apply online for Health Id card
Through Website :
1. First go to the official website of the National Digital Health Mission, ndhm.gov.in.
2. Then click on the Unique Digital Health Card option on Create Health ID.
3. Now you have to enter your Aadhaar number and after that verify by entering OTP.
4. When you register through a mobile number, then you have to verify through OTP.
5. Now you will have to provide information for your profile including picture, date of birth, and address.
6. After that a form will appear in front of you, in which you have to enter the information.
7. After entering all the information, a digital health ID card will appear in front of you.
Through App :
1. First Download the app for NDHM Health Records. ( Search for NDHM Health Records )
2. Then Click on Register Now and select your preferred language.
3. Now, you have two options: register with a mobile number or an Aadhar card.
4. Click on the Aadhar Card link and enter the required details.
5. Then Your registered mobile phone number will receive an OTP.
6. Once the Health ID Card has been created, the individual will have to create a username.
7. Now you will be asked to submit some more documentation, such as your identification.
8. Once it’s completed, you’ll receive your digital Health Card.
9. Create a password for the Digital Health Card.
10. Use valid created credentials to log in.
Q1. What is a PHR Address?
PHR (Personal Health Records) Address is a self-declared username that is required to sign into a Health Information Exchange & Consent Manager (HIE-CM). Each Health ID will require linkage to a consent manager to enable data sharing. Currently, all Health ID users can generate their own PHR Addresses during Health ID sign-up.
Q2. What is HIE – CM?
Health Information Exchange & Consent Manager (HIE-CM) refers to a consent manager that enables consent management, and sharing & linking of personal health records for a user. ABDM has rolled out its own HIE-CM (Health Records Application). You can use your Health ID to sign up on the HIE-CM (Health Records Application). Multiple consent managers are likely to be available for patients to choose from in the near future.
Q3. What do I need to register for a Health ID Card?
For Health ID creation through Mobile Number- Name, Year of Birth, Gender, Address, Mobile Number.
For Health ID creation through Aadhaar- Name, Year of Birth, Gender, Address, Mobile Number, Aadhaar Number
Q4. Is Aadhaar a mandatory document to create a Health ID?
No. If you do not want to use your Aadhaar for Health ID creation, you can simply use your Mobile Number accompanied with self-declared information.
Q5. My Mobile Number is not linked to my Aadhaar Number. How do I authenticate my Aadhaar for Health ID creation?
If you use your Aadhaar Number to create your Health ID on the Health ID portal, an OTP will be sent to the Mobile Number linked to your Aadhaar. If your Aadhaar is not linked to any mobile number, it is suggested that you visit the nearest participating facility, and opt for biometric authentication using your Aadhaar Number. After successful authentication, you will obtain a Health ID at the facility itself.
Q10. Can I use ID documents other than Aadhaar for Health ID Card creation?
Q11. Can I have multiple health ID Cards?
ABDM associates high value with a user’s privacy. ABDM believes that users are rightful custodians of their data, and can make rational decisions associated with its use. Given that healthcare is a sensitive subject, ABDM does not want to restrict users from linking different sets of health data with different Health IDs. For instance, if a user wants to use a separate Health ID to access data related to their sexual history, ABDM will allow for such use. However, in order to establish a better continuum of care, it is recommended that users create & use only one Health ID. A unified longitudinal health history linked to a single Health ID can lead to informed healthcare decisions for a user.
Q14. Do I have to submit any physical documents to Health Id Card?
As part of the existing process, you are not required to submit any physical documents anywhere. Enrolment of Health ID is paperless and hassle-free. ABDM will soon be rolling out a feature to support Health ID creation in low resource settings in a paper-based manner. However, the scope of the said process may be restricted only to the delivery of government health benefit schemes
Q16. Are my health records safe and secure in Health Id Card?
Yes, ABDM does not store any of your health records.
Q17. What do I do if I forget my password for Health Id?
You may log in to your Health ID through Mobile OTP or Aadhaar linked Mobile OTP, as applicable, and set a new password. In case of persisting issues, please contact us at email@example.com or call us on our toll-free number – 1800-11-4477 / 14477
Q17. I have entered the incorrect password three times, and I am unable to log in now in Health Id?
If you have been locked out of your Health ID account via Password, you can try other modes of authentication for login. One method of authentication (Password/ Mobile OTP/ Aadhaar OTP) gets disabled for 12 hours) on three consecutive incorrect attempts at a time. In this case, you can use the remaining methods to log in, as applicable. However, you will not be able to log in for 12 hours after you have been locked out from all three methods of login
Q18. Can I delete my Health ID?
ABDM now supports a feature that enables any participating user to opt-out of the ABDM ecosystem. On availing of the feature, a user can permanently delete or temporarily deactivate their Health ID. In case of deactivation, a user can later choose to reactivate their Health ID. On deletion, your Health ID will be permanently deleted, along with all your demographic details. You will not be able to retrieve any information tagged to your Health ID in the future. You will never be able to access ABDM applications or any health records over the ABDM network with your deleted Health ID. On deactivation, you will lose access to all ABDM applications for the period of deactivation. Until you reactivate your Health ID, you will not be able to share your Health ID at any health facility or share your health records over the ABDM network.
- List Of Stocks Held By The President Of India
- When Income Tax Return Filing Mandatory In India?
- Safest Platform To Buy Government Bonds and Securtities| RBI Retail Direct Scheme
- How To File Income Tax Return After Last Date?|FAQ On ITR U
- Top 5 Stocks (shares) To Benefit From Plastic Ban In India
- M&M Vs TATA motors which is best for investment?
- Key Changes In Gst As Proposed In Finance Bill 2022
- Vedant Fashions IPO Is Good Or Bad? Check GMP, Subscription,& Review
- Adani Wilmar IPO Is Good Or Bad? Check Review, GMP, And Other Details
- Top 10 Fertilizer Stocks to invest in 2022|Budget 2022 Fertilizer Stocks