The government of India has set up many different MSME schemes to uplift micro, small, & medium businesses in the country, among which these two schemes focus mainly on the Skill development of the new entrepreneurs and businessmen.
Skill development MSME schemes
Entrepreneurship and Skill Development Programme (ESDP) Scheme
Objective of ESDP Scheme
• To promote new enterprises, capacity building of existing MSMEs and inculcating entrepreneurial culture in the country
Key Benefits of ESDP Scheme
• Widen the base of entrepreneurship by development, achievement, motivation and entrepreneurial skill to the different sections of the society.
ESDP Scheme applicable for
• Aspiring and Existing Entrepreneurs
Detailed Information of ESDP Scheme
• Entrepreneurship/ Self-employment awareness and motivation to different sections of the society including SC/ST/Women, differently-abled, Ex-servicemen and BPL persons as career options
• Enterprise Facilitation for Ideation, Mentoring, and incubation, Credit facilitation, Market accessibility, Enterprise Clinic, Diagnostic studies in the event of sickness, counseling, and other facilities.
• Entrepreneurship & Skill Training in Agro Based Products, Hosiery, Food & Fruit Processing Industries, Carpet Weaving, Mechanical Engineering Workshop/ Machine Shop, Heat Treatment, Electroplating, Basic/Advance Welding/ Fabrication/Sheet metal work, Basic/ Advance Carpentry, Glass & Ceramics, etc.
• Management capacity building Training to Existing Entrepreneurs and their supervisory staff in Industrial MSME SCHEMES Management, Human Resource Management, Marketing Management, Export Management/Documentation & Procedures, Materials Management, Financial/Working Capital Management, Information Technology, Digital Marketing, Quality Management/QMS/ISO 9000/EMS, WTO, IPR, Supply Chain Management, Retail Management, Logistics Management, etc
How to apply for ESDP Scheme
• To apply through MSME-DI, MSME-TC websites. The scheme link – http://dcmsme.gov.in/ Enterprise&skillDevelopment.htm
Assistance to Training Institutions (ATI) Scheme
Objective of ATI Scheme
• To create and strengthen infrastructure and assistance for entrepreneurship and skill development training programs.
Key Benefits of ATI Scheme
• Support for infrastructure and capacity building of training institutions of Ministry of MSME and existing State-level EDIs
• Support for skill development programs by training institutions of the Ministry of MSME.
ATI Scheme Scheme applicable for
• Only for training institutions of Ministry of MSME and State level EDIs.
Detailed Information of ATI Scheme
• Assistance may be provided for the creation or strengthening/ expansion of infrastructure, including the opening of new branches/centers to training institutions of the Ministry of MSME and for meeting the revenue deficit, if any, of National Institute for Micro, Small, and Medium Enterprises (NIMSME).
• The maximum assistance under the scheme to a State level EDI will be restricted to Rs.250 lakh in each case. This grant would be utilized for the development of physical infrastructure, equipment, faculty training, and the development of capability in undertaking studies and research on issues related to the MSME sector. This grant would be over and above the grant, if any, received by that institution earlier under MSME SCHEMES 39the ATI scheme
• For the purpose of grant under this category, an EDI owned and controlled by a State Government / UT would be selected as recommended by the State Government/ UT. The selected state-level EDI will have to enter into a partnership agreement (or, MOU) with NIMSME to formulate and implement the approved proposal.
How to apply for ATI Scheme
Training institutions of the Ministry of MSME and State level EDIs may send their applications to the Director/Deputy Secretary (EDI), Ministry of MSME.