Neeraj Chopra Introduction
Neeraj Chopra is an Indian javelin thrower. He is the first track and field athlete to win an Olympic Gold medal for India. He is the reigning Olympic champion with 87.6m winning throw on 7th August 2021.
Neeraj Chopra Achievements
- World U-20 champion in 2016 and set the world under 20 record of 86.48m
- Flag bearer in 2018 Asian games
- First Indian athlete to ever win a World title in Track and Field at U-20
- First Indian to won a Gold medal in the Tokyo Olympics 2021 with a record throw of 87.6 meters
- The second Indian to won a Gold medal for India in Olympics First was Abhinav Bindra who won the gold medal in the men’s 10 m air rifle in the 2008 summer Olympics
- Neeraj won a gold medal at the 2016 South Asian Games with a throw of 84.23 m, where he equalled the Indian national record.
- He won a gold medal in 2016 IAAF World U20 Championships in Bydgoszcz, Poland. He also set a world junior record. Despite these performances, he failed to qualify for the 2016 Summer Olympics as the cut off date was 11 July
- Neeraj won another gold medal in Asian Athletic championships 2017 with a throw of 85.23 meters
- Neeraj Chopra registered a season best effort of 86.47 meters in men’s javelin throw at 2018 Commonwealth Games (CWG). With that, Chopra not only joined an elite list of Indian athletes to win a gold medal on their Commonwealth Games debut, but also became the first Indian to triumph in Javelin Throw at CWG
- In May 2018, he again broke the national record at the Doha Diamond League with a throw of 87.43 meters.
- The 22-year-old Chopra is the only track and field athlete to be recommended by the AFI for the country’s highest sports award in the year 2018. Neeraj Chopra has already been conferred with the Arjuna Award in 2018 after winning gold in the Gold Coast Commonwealth.
- Javelin thrower Neeraj Chopra opened his international season of 2021 with a throw of 83.18 metres that earned him javelin gold medal at an event in Lisbon, Portugal
Neeraj Chopra Birthplace, Age, Coach, Height
Neeraj Chopra Coach Name : Uwe Hohn
How much money will Neeraj Chopra get?
- ₹75 lakh (US$110,000) from the Government of India
- ₹6 crore (US$840,000) from the Government of Haryana
Neeraj Chopra Height and Weight
Height 178 cm 6 ft. and weight is 86 kg.
Neeraj Chopra Diet and Food
- Neeraj told that he likes to eat omelet very much.
- They can eat the omelet any time.
- This is one of his favorite foods.
- Neeraj also likes golgappas very much.
- He say that there is no harmful thing in Golgappa.
- Neeraj sometimes makes salted rice for himself.
- A few days ago, he has included salmon fish in the diet.
- He also liked to drink fruit juice during most of the practice.
- He advises players from any other country to eat Indian made chicken curry or butter chicken.
Neeraj Chopra earlier coach :
He has been coached by Gary Calvert, Werner Daniels, and Uwe Hohn
Who is Uwe Hohn?
Uwe Hohn is a retired German track and field athlete who competed in the javelin throw. He is the only athlete to throw a javelin 100 meters or more, with his world record of 104.80 m. A new javelin design was implemented in 1986 and the records had to be restarted, thus Hohn’s mark became an “eternal world record
ALSO READ: WHAT IS E-RUPI? AND HOW TO USE IT